"He who hears my Word and believes in Him who sent me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life" (John 5:24).
What a suprise to hear that Cadbury has opted to take the word "Easter" out of their chocolate brand for this Easter period. Many people are not happy about it- saying it is part of English Christian tradition to have "Easter eggs" from Cadbury. Others consider it a slap in the face of Christianity. Even Theresa May our Prime Minister gave a public disapproval.
Yet during this perios Christians should rememver Christ's pure and unselfish act of dying on the cross for every human being. We should acknowledge that the real reason for Easter is certainly not the enjoyment of "Easter eggs" but the appreciation of Christ's sacrifice so that we can have:
- The gift of His Word of life
- The gift of knowing our Father in Heaven
- The gift of everlasting life
- The Gift of escaping God's wrath and judgement
- The gift of passing from physical and spiritual death into abundance of life
- The gift of having Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour
Beloved, God bless yuou richly as you enjoy Easter.
Love, joy and peace always.
Prayer: we bless you Lord Jesus. Thank you for your precious blood and for all the wonderful heavenly gifts you gave us. Amen.